0505 Fabienne shirt dress sewing pattern sizing chart
Size of garment (remember to allow 4-5 cm/ 2" for ease):
|Bust||98.8cm (38 6/8")||96cm (37 6/8")||94.8cm (37 2/8")|
|Hips||100.8cm (39 5/8")||99.4cm (39 1/8")||96.4cm (37 7/8")|
Sizing of these sewing patterns
The measurements provided are the actual garment size, NOT the size body they should fit. Normally you would allow a 3-5 cm ‘ease’ when purchasing a garment (so if your bust is 97cm you need a garment that measures around 101-102cm for it to fit well).
All fabrics have different amounts ‘give’ as well so, you need to consider this when choosing your size. Stretch fabrics will obviously be more forgiving.
Unfortunately the nature of bodies and paper patterns is that even with exact (albeit minium) measurements, bodies can have different proportions so the bust, waist and hips measurements might be right, but the differences in body shape (curvy, broad shoulders, straight up and down, large busts, pot bellies etc) can cause problems with fit. Printing and tiling can also introduce variables that are beyond my control as most home printers are not calibrated and are usually slightly inaccurate.
There are also DIFFERENCES BETWEEN STYLES so PLEASE ALWAYS MEASURE YOURSELF BEFORE making up any pattern! Remember: measure twice, cut once.
- Take measurements from a garment that you like the fit of.
- Get someone else to measure you up. It might be embarassing but it will be more accurate and will save you money.
- Record your bust girth, back width, waist girth, hip girth, upper arm girth, wrist girth, sleeve length at a minimum. Write the measurements down and keep them handy. Better still use this guide.
- Measure the pattern pieces before you cut your fabric. This should tip you off if things aren’t going to fit.
- If you fabric is precious or expensive, make sure you make the pattern up in something cheap first.
- Don’t waste your time completing a garment to find out it doesn’t fit. Try on the shell as early as possible. This should tip you off early if something is not going to fit.