The PayPal system is designed to drop your connection, or ‘time out’, after
five minutes of inactivity.
If the system is timing out in less than five minutes, it may be due to a
loss of secure connection, which is usually caused by net congestion
· When high net congestion occurs, secure server based web sites are
affected the most
· If the problem persists, please reset your Internet connection or
try accessing the PayPal site at a later time
In addition, if you do not clear your cache files periodically, you may
experience longer loading or browser closing times. In order to improve
your performance on the web and specifically while visiting our site, we
suggest that you occasionally clear your cache.
Below are instructions to clear your cache for various browsers. If your
browser is not listed below, we suggest that you use the help section of
your browser or contact their customer service center.
1. Click the 'Start' button'
2. Select 'Settings' and click 'Control Panel'
3. Double-click Internet (or Internet Options) and select the 'General'
4. Click the 'Settings' button in the Temporary Internet Files section
and choose 'View Files'
5. Click 'Edit' and select 'Select All'
6. Press the 'Delete' key on your keyboard. If prompted to verify that
you want to delete your cookies, click 'Yes'
Your computer stores copies of frequently accessed pages in the memory
cache or disk cache. This way, the computer doesn’t have to retrieve the
page from the network each time you view it.
To set the size of the memory cache or to clear it (Windows and Unix only):
1. From the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Preferences'
2. Open the 'Advanced' category and click 'Cache'
3. To clear the 'Memory Cache' immediately, click 'Clear Memory Cache'
1. Open the AOL account
2. Click the 'Settings' button on the toolbar, ('My AOL' for older
3. Select 'Preferences'
4. Select the 'Internet Properties (WWW)' link on the left-hand side,
5. In the middle of the Internet Options box is a section called
'Temporary Internet Files'
6. Click 'Delete Files'. Place a check mark in the 'Delete All Offline
7. Click 'OK'
Please Note: If you are attempting to write a long description when sending
a payment or Money Request/Invoice, we recommend opening a text document,
typing your message, then copying and pasting it into the PayPal page.